1. I’m graduating REALLY SOON and it’s slightly terrifying because I have no idea what I’m going to do after that. Ideally I would like to work in film production or distribution. I was supposed to be getting some exp in a production office right about now but I’m still not really sure if it’s happening…
2. I’m on a big comics hype at the moment. I can’t remember the last time I read a regular novel actually, which is a tad worrying. Currently lovin’ the recent Batwoman stuff, with art by J.H. Williams III.
3. Met one of my favourite British actors, Paddy Considine, the other night at a gig. He was lovely!
4. Debbie Harry is my queen. As soon as I have some form of income I’m getting a portrait of her tattooed on my leg.
5. I really enjoy trashy TV shows like Geordie Shore, The Simple Life, Flavor of Love, Mob Wives… it’s kind of a guilty pleasure except that I don’t feel too guilty about it. I watch a lot of decent stuff too, honest!
6. I dress in black a lot. Colours and patterns scare me. But strangely, my taste in decor is really cutesy and pastel. I’m not sure how this happened.
7. I collect old Polly Pocket sets. Not in an obsessive way, just the good ones if I happen to find them… I also really love board games and I’m on the lookout for a reasonably-priced Furby. I’m basically still a child.
8. I’ve been working for a horror/cult film festival based in Manchester for almost a year now. We have an annual festival each October and lots of screenings monthly. Come to our events, it will make me happy!
9. I can’t cook for shit. I live off takeaways and occasional dinners at my mum’s house.
10. I used to be really into photography and I still have quite a lot of film cameras… just don’t really use them much anymore unfortunately. I think because university just started getting in the way and then I stopped being friends with the people I used to go out taking photos with. Sadness.
Anonymous asked: Me and my boyfriend are huge cinephiles. We have been together for over 3 years and I am losing my creativity for valentines day. Last year I made him valentine zombie card and I surprised him after he got off work with filling his car up with balloons. This year I really want to do something special.. something along the lines of our common interest which is film.You seemed like the most fit person to ask because I don’t have any friends who have that same interest at all.
Aw, this is cute. Unfortunately I can’t really think of anything much that’s both film-related and Valentines-y. Although I have given/received a lot of good film gifts for other occasions, if you’re looking for something as cute-sy as filling a car up with balloons I’m afraid I’m just not the right person to ask! But, some gift ideas for cinephiles that are a little better than just getting DVDs:
Film t-shirts - society6 have some really original ones, they also do prints and laptop skins and stuff like that too. If he’s into ’80s films then definitely check somewhere like Truffle Shuffle. (no idea if these places ship outside the UK)
Etsy is also worth checking out for unique film posters.
Books on his favorite actor/film/director/whatever. I once bought someone a book and stuck little notes on the pages of all my favorite films - that could potentially be quite cute!
My local independent cinema is doing a couple of showings of Amelie around Valentine’s Day, and loads of cinemas seem to do showings of classic films now. Taking him to see one of his favorites on the big screen might be worth doing, so check it out :)
Subscription to a film magazine.
Subscription to a DVD rental service like Lovefilm or whatever the American equivalents are.
Pointless film memorabilia. Bates Motel ashtray anyone? Overpriced Fight Club soap? No?